Thursday, November 8, 2012

Palatine Restaurant Rocks

My good friend Groupon led us to a small local establishment this weekend in Palatine. It's called Rock N Roll a la mode. They have ice cream, shakes, burgers, hot dogs...your usual junk food fare. However, I will say that the food was good. We got burgers, cheese fries and split a yippee skippe shake (peanut butter, caramel and chocolate covered pretzels). I especially like the shake and fries.


When we went we were the only ones in there. Being as it's getting colder ice cream is probably not the first thing on people's minds, but I will say that the temperature inside was completely comfortable and I didn't get cold once. The decor was simple but modern and they had a huge flat screen tv on the wall. I'm not sure what the rotation of video play is but we got to watch Sir Elton John in concert so that was kinda fun.

Overall, 2 thumbs up. We had a really leisurely, enjoyable lunch. And it was nice to be able to support a local business. We'll definitely make a trip back again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment