Friday, November 2, 2012

I Want to Go Organic

It seems that everywhere you look these days organic is being touted as the best thing ever. There is something appealing about knowing your foods are natural, pesticide and chemical free. They are raw and somehow better for you.

I think that's great and I'm not opposed to buying organic. But I want to go organic when it comes to Christianity. I'm tired of all the various "brands" out there. I'm tired of the "preservatives" added. All the "extras." I just want basic, natural, raw Christianity and that starts with Christ.

Some thoughts from Tozer that seem to capture my desire:

"If we would find God amid all the religious externals, we must first determine to find Him, and then proceed in the way of simplicity."

"When religion has said it's last word, there is little that we need other than God Himself. The evil habit of seeking God-and effectively prevents us from finding God in full revelation."

Tozer, A.W, The Pursuit of God, Zur Ltd, 1993. E-book


No comments:

Post a Comment