Thursday, July 19, 2012

Ice Cream Fun

This summer has been a hot one as I think I've mentioned a few times already. So we have been giving our ice cream maker quite the workout. Right now we have 4 different kinds of ice cream in our freezer. 1 of them is store bought and I'm afraid might be there awhile. What with all the delicious homemade options, why would we want to eat the store bought stuff?

Here are two of my favorites from this summer:

Richer than Rich German Chocolate

Easy Strawberry
What I love most about ice cream we make is that I know exactly what all the ingredients are. Most of what we make has simple ingredients. The German chocolate was a little more complex and pricey but that was as a gift to my dad and I can tell you that it's worth the splurge. I don't even like chocolate ice cream, but I loved that ice cream! And it's so rich that a little goes a long way, which is great because then it lasts longer.

I also love that you can use any dairy, non-dairy milk product. You can use milk and cream, whole milk, skim milk, half and half, soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk, etc. Obviously the product combo you use will change the consistency, but from my experience, it doesn't really matter. It's still "ice cream" like and tastes good.

So that is my plug for homemade ice cream. I love it! Be sure to tell me if you come across any great recipes or flavor combos. I think I want to do mint oreo next.

No comments:

Post a Comment