Monday, July 9, 2012

Frontier Days Fun

I love John's facebook status update from Friday night when we went to Frontier Day so I think I will start out by sharing that to sum up our night.

Festival at a park in Arlington Heights, free. Concert that night, free. Strawberry shortcake slushy, $5. Watching the Charlie Daniel's Band play Devil went down to Georgia live, priceless.

It was a hot night, but we ventured out, secured our seats near the back and settled in for some fancy fiddlin' at the park. As the night wore on my eyes became much more droopy, but he saved the best for last and capped off our evening with the most well known of his songs. 

We really did have a nice time. We didn't make it back to any of the other events, but maybe next year. It's nice to be able to enjoy something free in this state. I feel like heading into the city you have to pay to breathe. 

On that note, I thought I would leave you with one favorite moment from the concert that I got on video. This isn't the big one, but I thought it was a really cool version of the William Tell Overature like I had never heard before.  Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment