Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Artist

I remember hearing about this movie last year and wanting to see it. It's a french film. It's a silent film, in black and white set during the time of the transition of films from silent to talkies. It seemed like such a unique thing to do in this day and age that it intrigued me.

John and I watched this movie last week and I can honestly say that it is one of the most refreshing movies I have seen in a long while. Good storytelling and great artistry. Good, clean, film. The actors did an amazing job with their characters and nothing felt forced or cheap. You really believed them as they portrayed exactly who they were supposed to be. And I did not miss the sound. The storytelling was so good that sound was just an accessory that occasionally added to a scene but was not necessary.

If you enjoy good films then you will enjoy this movie. I don't know how many stars are on my scale but I would put it at the top of the line. I can't wait to watch it again sometime.

Follow the link to watch the trailer on YouTube: The Artist Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment