Monday, September 17, 2012

Dentist Experiment

I had a routine cleaning at the dentist a few weeks ago and I was told basically the same thing I'm always told. "You need to floss and use mouthwash everyday. Your gums shouldn't bleed at all." But no cavities and my teeth are healthy so that's a plus. My response inside is that if someone weren't poking and prodding around my gums with instruments not made to be in anyone's mouth, maybe, just maybe my gums wouldn't be bleeding.

It's not like I completely forgo flossing. I do a few times a week. And I think mouthwash is just a gimmick, but that's just my skepticism showing through. So I am doing my own experiment. From now until my next dentist appointment in about 6 months I am resolved to floss and use mouthwash everyday. I want to see if I get a glowing report or if my gums still bleed. If I get a good report and no bleeding then I will admit my loss and keep up with the discipline. However, if my gums still bleed or if I still hear I need to floss more then I am going back to what I was doing before and I'll stick to my theory that it's all a big marketing ploy.

Guess we'll see what happens in 6 months.

to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment