Friday, June 22, 2012

The Lord is My Rock



Sometimes my mind just thinks of analogies for so many things. In bible study last week our group was discussing the memory verse.

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer." - Psalm 19:14

So the question was asked, "What does it mean for God to be your rock?"

Of course things were said such as a steady stronghold. But I immediately thought of a game of tag. So in my head I had us all running around and the "Rock" was the safety zone. You know, where you go to and you can't be tagged out. Jesus is our Rock, our Safety Zone. When everything is trying to take you out, He's the only place you can cling to and be safe.

So that's my analogy for today. Cling to the Rock!


No comments:

Post a Comment