Thursday, December 6, 2012

Book Review: Christmas at Harringtons

Image Credit
Christmas at Harringtons
by Melody Carlson

I have been trying to read all things Christmas this season and I came across this free e-book in the last few weeks. I am not a huge Christmas novel fan, but I figured I would give it a shot. It is the season after all, and I'm no Scrooge. So I downloaded it.

I started reading it yesterday on my lunch break and was able to finish it by bedtime last night. It was an easy read for sure. But I also found it very enjoyable and unexpected!

The storyline is certainly unique. A woman who just gets out of prison is befriended on the bus trip as she heads out in hopes of starting over with life. Beginning with that trip, nothing happens quite as she imagines, but she finds her faith again and the truth is revealed and proclaimed in more than one way.

Much like Les Miserables it deals with the issue of forgiveness and second chances. Is a criminal always a criminal? We are so quick to judge without knowing all the facts, or even when we do, we still judge. You will think twice about how you would respond to the situation that arises.

Overall, good simple read with a good message!

No comments:

Post a Comment