Friday, November 12, 2010

Sometimes you just gotta get away

Two weekends + two road trips = too much fun!



A few weeks ago John and I headed out to Kansas for one of my friends wedding. It was a 9 hour drive one way. And two more hours to the wedding. So I figure if I add it all up we spent nearly a complete day in the car. 22 hours. Oddly enough, we both really enjoyed it. Here's some highlights at lightning speed:
1. BBQ, yum. John really liked it. And I had not had ribs in forever.
2. The food at the wedding was really delicious. 
3. Chik-fil-a. I am so excited they are opening one near us. It tasted so good and they gave us a sample of their new peppermint shake. Soooo good! Can't wait to go buy one. It's the little things.
Ok so beyond food, there were other really fun things:
4. Meeting up with an old friend who we rode to the wedding with. Yay for Sara.
5. Shannon's wedding was beautiful!
6. Laughing, singing and talking with my best friend for 18 hours



Last weekend we went our separate ways. John headed to a men's retreat in Indiana with my brother in law and dad, and us ladies (me, mom, and sis) went to Kenosha, WI for a shopping trip, and boy did we. We shopped til we dropped. Saturday we started out with a Panera breakfast and I just have to say that I absolutely LOVE their asiago cheese bagel. So the day started out great. We shopped at the outlets from 10-4. And then went to Cracker Barrel for a much needed hearty meal. Played phase 10 at the hotel and hit the hot tub before crashing. Sunday we visited the Jelly Belly warehouse and got some free samples before heading to Gurnee Mills and doing more shopping. I think I wore my family out but it was some much needed shopping therapy for me.  I did find some great deals, though I did not get as much Christmas shopping done as I had hoped. Oh well. 

A beautiful sunset greeted us as we pulled into the hotel. I had to snap a shot.
At the Bass store with my sis. Pretty warm for the North Pole.
We didn't completely fill the back of Jen's car but we did have quite a bit

No more traveling for a little while. But we do have a Christmas road trip to North Carolina planned so that should be loads of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment