Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Escape from Camp 14



I cannot express the hopelessness I felt as I read this horrific account of one man's escape from a North Korean prison camp, Camp 14. I should be happy he escaped, and I am. But I think of all those still there. I think of those, like him, born there. Those who know nothing of the outside world, who know nothing but what is taught inside the walls of their prison. That is their world and it is a deeply dark and disturbing place. Only God knows how he can reach these people. To me they seem more unreachable than any other group in the world today.

Anyone who says evil does not exist is fooling himself. Anyone who says that common sense will solve the world's problems obviously hasn't realized that most of the world doesn't seem to share the same common sense. Anyone who thinks that man is basically good, is basically wrong. Basically good people do not do the things to other basically good people that are done all over the world.  Evil is real and it is present and it is at work. I thank God that He has defeated evil and that one day it will be no more. But we cannot pretend it does not exist.

Read this book. Make yourself aware of what is going on. Pray for this nation. Pray for it's leaders. Pray for it's citizens. Pray for those in the prison camps. Pray that light would penetrate this dark nation that is afflicted by so much poverty, depression and hopelessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment